Palm Print Pumpkin Painting for Kids
We like easy crafts in our homeschool preschool that give the kids a chance to get messy without a huge clean up for this mom. Last week we had a great time making apple shakers out of paper plates; it doesn’t get much easier than that!
Supplies for Pumpkin Handprint Craft
- Construction paper for the background (I chose green)
- Orange craft paint
- Green craft paint
- Paint brush
My four kids enjoyed getting their palms painted, giggling at how much it tickled. They stamped freely on their paper, my tweens being careful to get their pumpkins just right and my preschoolers stamping away with glee.
How to make Handprint Print Pumpkins
- Pour orange paint on a plate or paint tray
- Using a paint brush, coat the palm of your child’s hand with a thin layer of paint
- Kids stamp their palm on the paper by pressing down firmly and lifting their hand up
- Use green paint to add a stem to each pumpkin
We added our pumpkin prints to a frame and hung them on a wall as a cute fall decoration. You could just as easily use a magnet to show them off from your refrigerator door.
Handprint pumpkin painting is a great activity to do with your class as a fall activity! Think of all the other fun art you can make with handprints in your classroom!
Have you signed up for our exclusive holiday gift guide emails? Beginning in October gift guides for all ages will be sent to you weekly!