Candy Corn Harvest Trifle
A festive (and easy!) harvest trifle to serve at your next fall gathering. This desert would make a great Halloween treat for kids too! We can’t wait for fall pumpkins, Halloween costumes and especially seasonal treats. I love to make holidays and events special but time is short so the easier the better. This year I’m making fall more stress-free by buying Halloween costumes instead of making them, and planning ahead for simple treats to serve the kids. We’ve started our fall crafting, and if you like to make your own Halloween decorations you may like this plant pot witch cauldron craft, or a diy witch wreath.
Halloween Harvest Trifle Ingredients:
- 1 box of chocolate cake (and ingredients needed for cake)
- 1 8oz tub of cool whip
- Red and yellow food coloring
- 1 30oz can of Cherry pie filling
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice
- 1 bag of candy corn
- Prepare cake according to directions on box, adding pumpkin spice to cake batter before baking.
- Add red and yellow food coloring to cool whip, until desired orange hue is achieved. (I did 5 yellow, 3 red.) Gently fold in colors.
- Once cake has cooled, gently cut cake into one inch pieces.
- To a large glass serving bowl (or smaller containers), you’re going to layer the bottom with candy corn (as desired –I did outer edges), cake, cool whip, cherries. Continue process until ingredients are finished and you’ve reached the top.
****This is a basic Fall trifle, you can add additional flavors such as caramel pudding, or chocolate pudding. Add additional candy corn on top to make it “pop” more.****
I can’t wait to surprise my kids with this candy corn trifle on Halloween before they head out to trick-or-treat! You can also adapt the recipe to use the candy from trick or treating to make this after Halloween.