Easy Halloween Treat Cups
Can you believe Halloween is almost here? Last night my kids dressed up in their costumes for the first time this year and we spent the evening at LEGOland’s Brick or Treat Party. The amount of candy they came home with makes me second guess the need for a long night of trick or treating on Halloween!
I’m all for a little candy especially for a celebration but why not do something a little unique this year for the class party? Something that will get the kids’ minds off candy and into the Halloween spirit?
Bat Themed Treat Cups for a Halloween Class Party
I try to find class party items that can be purchased in bulk and these cute bat themed Halloween favors are inexpensive and easy to make with bulk supplies.
Bat Wings Template (see below)
Plastic or Rubber Bats
Plastic Vampire Teeth
How to make Bat Halloween Treat Cups
You’re going to need to cut a lot of bat wings. I’ll be the first to admit that this is a tedious job. I found it really simple to make the wings with a Cricut, but if you don’t have a paper cutter just Google “bat wing template” and you’ll find one to use for your bat wings.
- Cut one large set of bat wings and one small set for each cup out of black paper. I used a whole bat so I could glue the body to the cup and pencil.
- Attach a bat to each cup and pencil with glue. Let dry.
- Fold an orange napkin and stuff it into the bottom of each cup as a filler. Fold a second orange napkin in half and place towards the back of the cup as seen in the photos.
- Push a pencil with a bat and a pencil without into the cup.
- Add 1 T of candy corn to each cup.
- Top each cup with one platic bat, two vampire teeth and two bat erasers.
How do they look? I’ll bet all the kids you’re making them for will be super excited!